I was going through some things the other day (ok today, but the other day just sounds better) anyhoo... I was looking through some stuff and found some OLD poetry and other such type projects that I wrote in the last couple of years.. most of them were done in grade ten, so reaching back far into the past here is some of my really interesting ideas...
VOICES
MY voice, so small in the crowd, screaming with all my might.
No one can hear me.
I'm drowning in my own voice, they all walk by oblivious.
Im so afraid, so alone.
I cry for help and no one comes, the light is so far away, no one seems to understand.
So lost, no one there, wandering aimlessly, everything seems so helpless.
"So just give up", says a small voice.
I can't listen to it, I would never do that!
"But they don't care!" It screams.
Sure they do, don't they?
Fed by my ever growing doubt, it slowly consumes me.
By now its much too late, no one could help me.
Even if they wanted to.
~Carlee Friske Written 2006~
Sometimes I look back on what I write and I'm like "DUDE! How and why did I write that?" I guess sometimes things just strike me and I just write about them. In this case I think I was pretty frustrated about something... lol I certainly wasn't too excited about much...,
I think for now I'll just put one more up.. I think I'll end it a little lighter so... yeah.. make sure you read to the end on this one.. umm It was a writing exercise for class.. It seems really really weird.. but um just keep reading...
HELP!
AWAKEN from a deep sleep
Where am I and what happened?
I can feel him on top of me,
his horrible breath fills my senses,
his tongue is everywhere.
My face is wet,
I say "no more!"
But still he pushes on.
I roll over to try and escape from this horror.
Then my mom comes in,
and takes the dog off of me.
Now I can sleep in after a long week of school.
~Carlee Friske Written 2006~
Like I said, you really have to read to the end. The whole idea of the writing exercise was to mislead the reader, I think it worked and I got a decent mark on it.. I don't remember because it was too long ago. But yeah.. I don't want to post TOO much more because I need to go look at my other stuff and try to post some stuff in a theme or something... anyways thats my thoughts for this particular moment...
Wednesday, September 24
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
LOL...I'm actually speechless (and the crowd goes wild : )
Now is that a good speachless... or an "um wow dude, are you off your meds?" speachless??? lol <3
Speechless. adj. temporarily unable to speak or unable to think of something to say, e.g. because of surprise or fear ; )
Oh GREAT! now your afraid of me... well thats the last time I post poetry on here... sheesh... lol jk... oh um and the p doesnt work on this keyboard so i am having to copy and paste the letter from your comment.. it is very frusterating...
Post a Comment