Thursday, July 17

Past, Presents, and the Future of our Planet

I think we agree, the past is over -- George W. Bush


While visiting someones blog recently, I came accross this quote and I must say, of all the people to get something right, Old Georgie finally said something that made sense, and actually for once hit the preverbial nail on the head. (Now watch pigs will fly soon.)
I was thinking about the past recently, things I've done, places I've been, and mulling over the fact that, well what if I had done this instead. Or, Would this have gone better if I had not put whipped cream on his face when he fell asleep. Or even, why of all things should that have made a difference, does doing that make me a bad person?

And then I started thinking again. Why should any of that matter? Of course a person should grow from their mistakes, learn from situations, and potentially learn never EVER to repeat some things (like switching the sugar for salt on april fools day for dads coffee..... not good to do in the am, especially when you didnt realize that you made the coffee with instant sanka instead of the real stuff...) but why do we have to dwell on things. I mean even the word dwell makes me shudder, to me its absolutely DEPRESSING to be hung up on one thing for too long, I mean dude, it happened like ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh two months, even two and a half weeks ago! In my opinion either deal with it now, or just forget about it. If its not hurting anything, I say forget about it, get a sense of humor, it was a joke, or else not intended to offend you, and move on. I hate it when people are like, "so do you remember", and I'm like "yeah it was sunny that day and we went shopping and I got that outfit on sale and we had lunch at an awesome resteraunt."
and the person is like "yeah, then you blinked with your left eye and not your right and then accidentally took the candy I wanted from the tray of absolutely identical candies as we left the resteraunt."
0_O?
Ok first of all, Lol I know that is a bit over the top for an example, but you have to think, people are really like that! they get hung up on things and then won't forget about it. Personally I would like much more to just to remember the good things and forget about that time I threw up just after eating, at Montanas and we still don't know why, espically since I ran on a treadmill for 20 minutes, and was super energised later.......... hmm maybe I really was sick, I actually ran on a tred mill of my own free will...... In any case, The memory of humanity depresses me, think about it its not just you and me, ITS EVERYONE!
In your history class, you learn about all sorts of things, the emphasis put on the negative things, ex: the holocaust, all that super depressing stuff, but very little emphasis is put on some of the good things that happened in that time. Now some people are probably thinking k she is totally nuts, goood things happened then? but think about it. Oscar Schindler and his list, Anne Frank, The people in the resistance movement, The people who actually survived, escaped, yada yada yada!
In English... well thats just a depressing class moving on.....

But do you see my point? its humanities downfall that we look towards the negative, most of us are glass half empty not half full people.
I say why don;t we just stop thinking negative. Remember the good times, the really funny things that happened, like the Christmas video of dads bald spot, Lana pulling up her socks, and mom getting a peice of wrapping paper stuck on her bum and no one noticing or telling her for about an hour and a half. Not the fact that someone got one more present than me, or I got all used toys and they got new ones. Live for the present, like Melonie in Stephenie Meyer's book "The Host" said, "you never know how much time you will have". Instead of rushing hither and thither, why not stop and smell those perverbial roses, put some roots down, and send something other than an email forward as a form of communication!

(sorry people but a form of communication IS NOT A FORWARD!!!!) although I do enjoy reading some of them.......

Why not also think about the positive future! Other than "the world is going to hell in a handbasket" attitude why dont we think about other things like, that trip your planing to go on, meeting up with an old friend for coffee to catch up on the positive things, spending qualitiy time doing something with your family/children.

Hence forth I think the world would get much better if we all just thought a little more positive, the glass is half full type of mentality. And please please dont be afriad to laugh, becuase when you cant laugh not only is something wrong, but then I might have to come and tickle you until you do.
and when your positive, everything just seems so much......... brighter, better, wonderfuller, superdupererest..... lol you fill in the blank!

Oh i thought i should add this too... IF you MUST remember the bad things in the past at least be able to laugh at them with someone.... like the time i was poked in the ribs while makeing the closing announcement at work, and i got the giggles. That was embarrassing, but I can definatley laugh at that now...... although i could have held a grudge on Judy forever.... lol

4 comments:

Holley D said...

Tickling is an unfair sport because only some people are ticklish....hmmm....running out of commenty things to christen your new blog with...i'm still mad about that thing you said to me last year....k, I'm supposed to be typing a Summons...cheers : )

Carlee said...

not true my dear, everyone is ticklish, you just have to find out where! usually if their not ticklish though you can definatley find something else to bug them with... like NOT reading a really really good book and just falling asleep instead..... pft... who DOES that?! :p

Holley D said...

I couldn't tell you : )

Btw, that wouldn't have been my blog you visited, now would it? lol

Carlee said...

nope lol absolutely not.... it was.... someone elses blog, who was talking about... peeves or something... and not the one from harry potter but those other peeve things.... :p