When I wake up, the light is usually pouring into my room through the overgrown trees in my backyard, this is about seven thirty or eight. The birds are singing (sometimes VERY loudly) and its usually nice and cool outside, making this one of my favorite times of the day. The other thing is that usually no one else is up, except my mom. Now when I say this is my favorite time of the day I don't actually mean I am one of those people who literally jumps out of bed in the morning, sings along with the birds, and dances as I get dressed, like Mary Poppins. (Sadly I must admit I do dance SOMETIMES when I get dressed, but usually when I'm getting ready for church in the evenings and I am fully awake and listening to something along the lines of Kirk Franklin.) To be quite frank those Mary (merry) people scare me..... a lot. When I get up in the morning I honestly just look around, kind of shuffle towards breakfast and some chai tea, and then, either read a book for a few minutes, or like now, check my email (well when I have the day off). I like waking up slowly, enjoying every moment of it.
I did used to think staying up late was super cool but I have discovered in my very old age, (heeheehee) that 1) when you have to work it just doesnt work
2)You end up feeling sleepy at the oddest times of the day
3)There REALLY is no point when the only thing you can do is play on the computer because everything else is closed, seeing as you live in a city where everything closes at 9 on weekdays and 6 on the weekend.
The only problem with this is when I do go somewhere and things are open late, and I don't get to bed before ten or eleven, I am a grouchy bag the next morning, and I need an afternoon nap. (That is if I don't fall asleep at the function the night before :P)
And for those of you who think I'm a grouchy bag anyways, keep your comments to yourself! I'm pretty sure I know who you are anyways so don't make it more obvious... I mean that in the nicest way possible.....
.jpg)
1 comment:
I agree, though for some reason it's much easier to rise early on the weekends when you know you can spend most of the day doing as you please, you grouchy bag.
Post a Comment