Ive been meaning to post for.... ever... I feel like I say that every time I post but so be it, its true!
I have recently finished reading the first book in a series of three. The book called Ingo, is an interesting combination of sci fi fantasy... and yes it is from the youth section at my library but still, I thought it was a good book! Anyways...
The basic plot line is this: A happy family is torn apart when the father goes "missing" just off the coast of their home. His body never found the kids have a feeling that he isnt dead, but instead he was sung into "Ingo". Ingo is basically under the sea. The children while on the beach one day find that they too can go into Ingo, with the help of 2 mermaids their own age.
The thing that got me the most and caught my attention in the whole book was this, everytime they went from "Air" to "Ingo" it hurt when they went through the "skin" of the water (basically the point where they went from breathing air to breathing water). And I kept thinking about that. Ingo is a cool place to go, and it was fun to visit, but as time goes on the girl (Sapphy) finds it harder and harder to go back to "Air" because now instead of feeling the hurt when she goes into Ingo, she only feels it when she tries to come out. She is loosing herself to Ingo.
All I could think about is how much is that like playing with the world. At first it hurts when you try to do things, your conscious helps to guard you. But the longer and harder you push against your conscious the less and less its their until it hurts to go BACK to what you knew because everything seems so messed up, You seem so messed up. And your dead conscious can no longer call you back, everything right could be wrong but you would never know.
You can't straddle the line between Ingo and Air, you have to choose one. Ingo can kill you in an instant, while Air gives so many more chances. I for one choose to breathe deeply and live in the Air. No one can put just a toe in for want of putting the whole foot in, then both legs, and arms.... and and and... until finaly without your realization Ingo has you in its fingertips, and could drown you before Air has a chance to get to you.
Saturday, July 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
I wondered where you were going with this. I hate sci-fi. But you've made a good point. Wll said
lol I know you do, thank you!
Post a Comment