I feel bad because I havnt posted in, well it seems like forever.
But I havnt really had any lightbulb ideas lately, and everything has been busy. And I am not very good at excuses.
About a month ago we got a dog. I came home one night from work, and there was a wolf in my kitchen. Actually it was a german shepherd Siberian huskie cross, but she wasnt exactly the tiniest thing around. She was from the SPCA in Lloyd, and had come to my brothers pet store to be put in a home... The petcetera where Gary works takes and sells only cats and puppies from the SPCA and gives them good homes and new "forever" families.
We had her at our house for a trial period. We needed to see how she would interact with our three cats, and we wanted to get to know her a bit better. She stayed at the house for 3 days, and then came home with Gary freshly groomed and carrying her adoption papers.
There is a bit of a change now. The cats are a bit nervous still (Teddy who is the biggest is the most scared), but there are no major fights, and everyone gets along quite well.
This morning Sandy and I went for a walk. We ran for some of it but I guess mostly we walked. We parked at river landing and went from there all the way around to the University bridge, and then through down town, and back to the car.
Near the Broadway bridge there was this small set of hills that had gophers running in and out of holes. I thought Sandy was going to take me for a ride, she wanted the gophers SO badly! I finally pulled a "cookie" out of my pocket, and held it in front of her nose to get her to come with me... I had to nearly keep BOTH of my hands on her collar in order for her not to get away. That and the Canada goose... Sandy did not seem to understand why she couldnt chase the duck into the river... and was rather confused.
All in all we have been absolutely blessed with this beautiful beautiful dog, who doesnt chew, listens, and is an absolute doll with kids and strangers. She is ten, so she doesnt have many years left but for now, she is ours, and we love her to death!
Thursday, June 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment