Tuesday, September 16

Wantonness

I totally and absolutely can not believe that it has been almost a month since I posted on here... Where has the time gone!? and I thought I would have more time since I currently don't have a job and I am not doing anything for school... But I digress, because who has time anymore....


On to my original thought that I had a few weeks ago...

Every once in a while I get this sudden urge to cook, and it scares a lot of people.. Not because I'm a bad cook but just because I like to experiment with my cooking, and although I use a recipe, I usually do so much substituting that by the time I'm finished cooking there is no point in using the same recipe because it is definitely not the same.
In any case I was making wantons. I had bought the wrappers at Superstore and I made the filling and then was boiling them, and then would later add them to soup.
Bear with me here...
Wantons are quite similar to humans if you can wrap your head around that... Simply said they are a wrapper (skin), around some meaty insides (guts), some turn out a little larger, or smaller than the rest of the group (nuff said), and they all some how interact with others (just like how everyone interacts with everyone else effecting everyone no matter how slight the contact is).
In essence as I placed these poor little human Wantons into the pot to cook, they immediately interacted with everyone else in the pot. Not one of those wantons was untouched by another and after I removed some of the wantons out and put new fresh ones in (my pot wasn't big enough to cook everything at once), I also came to realize that, even though the previous wantons had left (died?) they still left something behind in the water of wanton life, that the new little human wantons had to live through.

Now, I was not on crack when I was thinking about this, but instead I realized that even though we think our actions are only for today and that they will not have any impact on the future, that is wrong. Everything that I do now, every person that I impact, run into in the mall, smile at in the elevator, yell at or hang up the phone, is essentially effected by my actions, how small or large, some remembered others forgotten, no matter what changes the course of history slightly, putting it on a brand new course.

My choice to hold my tongue and just go inside instead of yelling, crying and making a scene, changes how the entire evening worked out. Think about it. The choice that someone makes when they get into a car after drinking, effects more than just the person driving, even the passengers, it also effects friends, family, even the people that you don't know, but have now killed by running into them. Think of how the actions of just ONE person changes the course of history for an entire race, religion, people.

My goal in this post is to just make people think... Instead of unleashing your fury on other people, or doing stupid things to get back at them for wrecking your fun, or ruining your plans, why not stop, think, take another perspective, laugh instead of avenging an act, and instead of setting your goals on getting even, just let God, have complete control of the situation and go on with your life while HE, not YOU deals with things. God has a great sense of humor, trust me, he can and will get even much better than you EVER could......

2 comments:

Holley D said...

You scared me a little when you started talking about 'human wontons'.... ; )

Carlee said...

lol, but it makes sense!!!! heeheehee the things my poor little overworked brain comes up with....