Friday, February 11

De-Cisions and Change

There comes a time in everyones life where they are comfortable with either who they are, where they are, financially, and occasionally all of the above. Recently I have been rather comfortable where I was. On my way to a fantabulos career and degree, I was making good grades, and everything was going smoothly in the etch a sketch of life, drawing a picture that I liked. Then last week, someone shook the etch a sketch, and I realized I was too comfortable where I was, to the point that I couldnt see the glaringly obvious points that were flashing signs I needed to change directions.

**Insert the GPS of my head in a battle with the GPS of my heart here**

Well the GPS of my head lost just so you know, and the etch a sketch has been shaken so that I am not quite sure what the picture will look like anymore; But then I realize that life would be too boring if I already knew what was going to happen. Where I thought I would be in the next few months, even years? Totally different now. People I thought I would get to see, and work with for the next few years? That has taken a different direction now.

The root word of decision is cision, to cut. It take some difficult decisions to facilitate change, but every single one of those is going to be totally worth it.

I feel blessed, I feel happy, and I feel very very loved. I dont know what my happy ending will be, but I certainly know this much: it is being written based on the decisions I make which lead to choices, that will define me and who I am, want to be , and will certainly become.

No comments: