So this summer has been so busy... Drove to Tulsa Oklahoma and back for PEAK, then turned around 6 days later for Red Deer and The Canadian Plaines Camp meeting. (If you want to get the funniest look ever from someone, get your oil changed, then drive 6000Km in about 2 weeks, and get it changed again... The attendants look when you tell him you were there 2 weeks ago will have you rolling on the floor for hours...)
It has been a summer full of promise, amazing and wonderful church, and many many memories.
While on the trip down to Tulsa we had the Serious radio on in the car. A song came on that I had never heard before its called "The Motions" by Matthew West. It really stuck in my brain and I asked my sister to write down the name of the song so that I could find it when I got home.
The past few days I have had that song stuck in my head permanently. This morning I woke up with it in my head and could not stop singing it, and thats what I prayed quite a bit in the past few days.
I dont want everything that Ive experienced this summer at the conferences Ive attended pass me by. I will not let it be motions that I went through while at those conferences because there were so many people there, or because I was "in the moment." I want to hang on with everything Ive got to everything I have recieved, acheived, and experienced this summer.
Because I dont want it to be just motions. Ever.
Sunday, August 23
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
You've had a blog for the longest time and I didn't even know! It's neat. :-)
P.S. Tis great song..
Thanks muchly Miss V!
Its one I can listen to OVER, and OVER, and OVER... lol It drives everyone in my household nuts...
And you missed Labor Day services?!? We missed u!!
I know Jess! I'm sorry, it just wasnt in the budget... I really hope to get down there before next camp but we will have to wait and pray on that one... Missed you though!
Post a Comment