Tuesday, September 29

That time of year again...

A lovely little rant...

I was coming home on a beautiful september day last week from work, and I stopped at the front door to get the mail. Flipping through to see what was mine, low and behold my Visa bill was there. Oh lovely.

I looked down to see what I had to pay, and the minimum balance popped out at me... 0$

I thought, well thats odd, have I just been that good that they dont want me to pay them anything? Then I saw the little attatched paper:

"To help ease the financial strain of the season we've reduced your minimum payment this month to $0. You can, of course, make a payment if you wish. Interest charges will be calculated as usual."

My jaw dropped as I spun around to look into the yard, I expected to see three feet of snow, my breath in the frosty air, kids throwing snow balls and making a snow man, and a chorous of carolers rounding the corner. Instead it was a beautiful fall afternoon with kids walking home in tshirts, riding their bikes, and playing with chalk.

Since when did September get included in the financial strain of the fall season? Have people really taken Christmas to that level, where the "season" is a full 1/4 of the year? Is it really necessary for stores to start selling Christmas decorations and ornaments BEFORE Halloween? Dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to ba humbug anything, and I do like Christmas, but in September?!

Its still above zero in September!

Whatever happened to the "reason for the season?"

No comments: