Friday, January 30

Hindsight

Just before chirstmas I was thinking about hindsite.

While wrapping giveaway gifts at "Lush" with one of the girls (for our anniversary spend fifty get blablabla you get the idea) we were talking about people, their attitudes, and how some people just dont get it.... and I made the comment, that hindsight is twenty twenty, but some people view it through rose tinted glasses. The girl I was working with stopped, looked at me, and said she had never heard it put better than that.

The point I was trying to make is that some people can see in hindsight, what they did, but they can never see what THEY did wrong. They look at the picture of what happened, and they can pick out EVERYTHING that everyone else did wrong, or what could have been done differently, but they seem to never see that if THEY had done possibly even ONE thing differently, things might have gone very differently.

Essentially this stunts their growth in maturity. Instead of seeing their mistakes and growing from them, or learning to take the fall, they seem to want to place the blame on everyone and everything else. I'm not saying that I'm perfect either, I do it too, but I often go back for a second look to check where I was in the wrong. But, It can't ALWAYs be someone else that has the problem. Even I'm not that perfect.. (lol)

Essentially you have to view the situation from everyones perspective, like today at work for example:

After break I got to be price checker, I like it because its fast paced, and AMAZING exercise. It was slower so I was doing take backs, and the lady at till one had a twelve pack of listerine in her stuff to be retourned... i thought this odd, and she told me that we are actually not supposed to sell someone more than twelve bottles of mouthwash at a time, because they sell it, or soemthing like that, at this point i inserted the fact that some people drink it as well. And she said yes. we commented on something else and then i took her Other stuff and said i would come back for the listerine... (she also had a 10kilo bag of flour and some plant stuff, and i couldnt carry it all in one load...not enough arms)

about oh not even a half hour later, when I went to the front desk, someone asked me (a higher up) if I had been talking to the cashier on lane one.. i said yes i did takebacks, she asked me if the customer was angry or would be upset with us... apparently someone had complained (dont know who why or what, they just complained to the manager) about the cashier ineracting with someone else who worked there (apparently me because i was the only one around at the time)

when asked if i had noticed/said anything i said no, i was just doing takebacks.. but when i thought about it i then added our conversation about the listerine and my comments.. If i get fryed for them so be it, but at least i was honest....

In viewing the situation at the cash desk in hindsight i probably could have kept my remarks to myself (duh) but, even if i get into trouble, i can learn from my mistake, instead of thinking that i can just go shooting my mouth off all the time...

I know this was an incredibly stupid example but it was the most recent that i could think of.... anyways thats all i have on that thought for the time being..

I must say i am very proud of the fact that i have now posterfied THREE times in the past 24 hours! and in hindsight, i dont know what took me so long to post XD

4 comments:

Darla said...

Since our "foresight" is so often skewed, we should at least have 20/20 hindsight. Unfortunately, you're right, Carlee: Sometimes we are "legally blind", even in our hindsight because we refuse or are unable to acknowledge our part in a situation.

Good post.

Carlee said...

Thanks!! It is unfortunate but true... and it seems to be getting worse with every generation... parents just arn't teaching kids the same values anymore... if any at all, in some unfortunate cases..

Holley D said...

Not a bad point, Charlie

Carlee said...

Why thank you!