Monday, November 10

The bus

Because I do not own a vehicular object at this present moment in time I have to take the bus. Now, other than the fact that the Saskatoon transit system is
1)Very rarely running right on schedual
2)Takes FOREVER to get where you need to go
and
3)Is filled with people who are incredibly interesting and need a bath, that always seem to target the seat right next to YOU.

its fine...

Really I complain about it, but It eventually gets me to point b, I work at lush so i just stick my nose in my scarf (thank god its getting colder) and breath in the scent of bath bombs while praying i wont PUKE from the smell (plus i get motion sick while drivin or riding on ANYTHING), (i have to take gravol whilst canoeing, sad I know)... and yeah the ride is long but at least i can chill listening to music while not having to pay attention to whats going on around me....

thats what i keep telling myself anyways...

Usually the bus ride is ok... on some days though it gets interesting.. Like the other night I got off of work at LUSH! and went to ketch the bus. I nearly burst into tears when i realized the bus was going to be another 45 minutes in arriving...
So I sat down on a bench closed my eyes and prayed my toes wouldnt freeze off before the bus came... whiltst sitting i overheard that the 50 the bus i needed to take was late... Halalujah! thank the lord! so i didnt have to wait too long.. but since i made a comment reguarding the fact that I didnt want to have to wait TOO terribly long because of the cold, both women waiting with me were delighted and i found myself with two women who were very chattery and I was their new bestest friend... (in Jesus name help my stop get here faster)... one nice thing.. they didnt smell and I just smiled and nodded while my music played... it worked wonderfully!


My most interesting bus ride yet went like the following...

I had waited for the bus Praying that it would not be early, when i arrived at the stop, I found that thank merciful heavens, it hadnt arrived yet.... So I waited for my bus..
When the bus arrived, I climbed aboard, showed my pass, and went to get a seat. NOW because I get motion sick i sit as CLOSE to the front as possible... an elderly woman who had climbed on the bus before me was also sitting on the three person bench that I was about to sit down on...

As i began to sit down the poor dear women cried out "oh dont squish my milk!"
....



I had seen the bag carrying a one liter carton of milk and had come to the conclusion that my bottom had more than enough space to sit on the bench and not squish her milk..... The poor dear women had other ideas and was horrified at the thought of her poor dear milk being sat upon. After assuring her i had seen the milk carton and had enough room to sit down, the woman shook her head and holding her carton like a baby in the crook of her arm, grinned at me and said, "its a good thing i told you not to sit down, that would have made a large mess!"
At this point I gave up all hope, and inserted my earplugs hoping to dispell any further conversation for the ride....
as the lady was leaving the bus at her stop she muttered something about milk when she got off the bus and gave one last grin at me...

Im sorry but Im pretty sure i would have noticed a COLD carton of milk (like Square?) and not sat down on it... im not the type of person who just keeps sitting down when i know something is wrong with the seat... ummm DUH!... anyways

So the poor dilusional milk lady got off the bus and i was sitting on the bench alone.
that lasted for roughly 2 seconds before a lady decided to move from a more crowded bench onto mine.
This i was fine with... until I noticed the green cloud that wafted behind her... Turn up music, and Cover nose with scarf...

at this point i began praying... my prayre went something like this:
"Dear lord, why do all the really weird people have to sit with me, why cant i just have like a really nice smart guy sit next to me or something... {my thoughts, God insert superman} instead of these really weird people....

after my short prayer we pulled up to the university bus terminal.

where my prayers were promptly answered...

have you ever noticed that if you dont get specific god is like hahahahahhahahahaha sure, here you go, this is what you asked for! God had a wicked sense of humor I tell you...

A guy got on and did sit next to me...

this guy obviously didnt ride the bus much because he had to ask what the fare was... then he sat down next to me,
now dont get me wrong here.. he was definatelly a good looking guy... about thirty years ago...
the guy was probably in his sixties, and had a head of grey hair...

ok so technically part one of my prayer is answered.. good looking guy who seems rather nice....

as i am contemplating this (the smelly lady, then the guy, then me with my earphones in, scarf over my nose, music turned up quite loud to prevent other people from talking to me) the guy pulls out an old book to read. I'm thinking ok this is kinda cool... old guy reading old book.. then he opens it and the rest of my prayer is answered... the guy is not only smart because the book is in another language ( like Russian or something Scandinavian like that), but as he is turning the pages I notice that there are something like Scientific or mathematic notations...

at this point I am killing myself with silent laughter at my situation...

My favorite part of the whole thing is the fact that the whole situation except for the milk part is really of my own making... well that and the fact that God has such an amazing way of answering our prayers.... :D
He truly is a wonder working God....

No comments: