I have come to a conclusion today. Some may say it is one that is terribly overdue, but seeing as I am quite slow some days it almost comes as a surprise to me... almost.
Today at work it was VERY quiet... SO quiet that two hours into my four hour shift they asked if they could send me home... I thought that was just ducky, and so signed out, grabbed my bag and my jacket, and then grabbed a basket to look at what was on sale. I wandered the isles, searching for nothing in particular. When AHA! what doth my eyes perceive???? A half price sticker.... Now... Although I dont particularely NEED a heat and serve pasta dish with portabello mushroom sauce, beans, and red peppers.... its on sale, and therefore found its way into my basket, through the checkout, riding along with me in the car, and then into the fridge at my house... actually now that I think about it... EVERYTHING in my basket was half price... I guess thats why the casheir looked at me funny O_o
This little spark of insight caused me to look deeper into my shopping habits and find... with little surprise to NO one... The MAJORITY of things that i buy... are on sale... and because they are on sale, I seem to be able to justify being able to buy them... Not that I really NEED to buy more deoderant, shampoo, socks, or even inflatable furniture, my body seems to gravitate towards anything that has a sign proclaiming SALE! and my my, its half off.. what a deal!!!
From experience I believe this disease is Hereditary, although varying forms of strength, from not buying anything unless its on sale or you can barter it down at a garage sale (my dear mother), or just buying it because its on sale (myself) this disease is crippling and sometimes debilitating (have you ever seen my mother try to order at a resteraunt? you see my point)... In any case it must be stopped!!
lol, im not quite sure how, but if you feel the need you could always donate!!!
I know I am getting better (some days) at buying things and not cheaping out and getting no-name cuz its cheaper, or buying things JUST its on sale... but it has been SO engrained into me, buying things on sale and such...that I fear someday when I'm older and grey or something, I may get worse! I could even turn into my mother!!!!!!!!!! :-O
Just kidding, I love you mom...
Monday, February 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
I'm getting you coupons for valentines day (are you blushing yet? ;)
pft, stupid rabbit... As much as I like coupons, and want some, I honestly am probably better off WITHOUT!!! lol less hyperventilation over weather or not im going to get the sale... XD
Post a Comment